Hydroelectric Compliance Analyst
Hydroelectric Compliance Analyst
Dobbins, CA, US
Salary Range: $105,560.00 To 128,315.20 Annually
Do you seek an opportunity to work for an agency committed to the sustainable management of our water resources for flood risk reduction and reliable water supply, enabled through power generation, in support of the environment and quality of life for our communities? Are you fascinated by thought-provoking and challenging work that also offers a career path, professional development opportunities, and the ability to take on new and exciting projects? Are you interested in joining a team of dedicated and talented professionals? If so, apply to join the Yuba Water Agency team and become part of a dynamic organization!
The Yuba Water Agency is recruiting for the position of Hydroelectric Compliance Analyst within our Compliance Department. The position would report directly to the Compliance Manager.
The ideal candidate possesses a genuine desire to serve the Yuba County community, exhibits curiosity to learn about the mission areas of the organization and a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. The ideal candidate is an independent contributor who has a strong understanding of compliance principles, including timely upkeep of user friendly and always audit ready compliance program for Bulk Electric System Reliability. The ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and disciplined in implementing change. This individual can follow directives and work independently while fostering positive working relationships with co-workers, other agency employees (bargaining/non-bargaining), government entities, contract providers and the regulators using principles of good customer service.
Include but are not limited to timely coordination of various tasks for NERC/WECC/CAISO compliance program, record management, problem resolution, and change management. This position will provide support to management in relevant cross-functional departments. In addition, serve as a bridge between agency-wide functions and locations in communicating and clarifying policies and procedures to assure consistency and efficiency in application, as well as act as a strong support resource to advance efforts in the Agency’s mission areas. Some examples of duties include:
- Ensure the Agency manages its compliance documentation to comply with federally mandated Standards.
- Develop processes, policies, procedures, and guidelines for managing compliance documentation that are in alignment with regulatory standards.
- Support required compliance-related training and ensure training materials are reviewed annually by the team to address revisions to Regulatory Standards, internal policies, programs, and procedures.
- Supports NERC/WECC reliability requirements by auditing and/or executing actions necessary to meet or exceed minimum regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist in preparing and managing the department’s compliance budget, monitor expenses, forecast requirements and purchases within established guidelines.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field. College coursework/curriculum related to energy generation or hydro power plant operations if highly desired.
Experience: Three to five years’ utility compliance related experience. Experience in hydroelectric generation is highly preferred.
License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
In addition to offering flexible work schedules, hosting employee engagement events throughout the year and offering excellent training and development opportunities to help you plan your short- and long-term career goals to advance in your career, the Agency offers an excellent benefit package consisting of:
- Flexible schedules may be available
- Health Insurance: 1-party is $1,057.01, 2-party is $2,114.02, and 3+party is $2,748.23 per month Any premiums in excess of the amounts shall be paid by the employee
- Dental: 100% paid coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision: 100% paid coverage for employee and dependents
- Vacation: Accrued at 10 hours per calendar month
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 10 hours per calendar month
- Holidays: 11 official holidays and 16 hours of floating holiday time per year
- Retirement: CalPERS: For classic members 2% @ 55 formula and the agency will pay 5% of the employee’s 7% contribution to CalPERS. For all others, subject to the provisions of AB340 with a 2%@ 62 formula
- Retiree health through the agency upon completion of ten (10) years of service credit with the agency and retirement from CalPERS. The agency’s present contribution for each annuitant, including enrollment of his/her family members, is a maximum of $1,700 per month.
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary participation in Agency Plans. The agency will contribute 7.65% amount towards the plan.
- Life Insurance: $50,000
- Educational/training tuition reimbursement available
Applications will be screened according to the qualifications outlined in this announcement. Not all applications which may meet the minimum requirements will proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified by email as to whether or not they are invited to participate further in the selection process.
The Yuba Water Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Agency not to discriminate against all qualified applicants or employees. We will make reasonable efforts in the selection process to accommodate persons with disabilities.
Before receiving an offer of employment, the candidate must pass a thorough reference check, drug test, and background check.
Applicants must be successful in all phases of the selection process to be considered for this position.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, all potential employees are required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.