Construction Inspector, Civil Engineering
- 100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, Life, 70% Dependent
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Competitive Pay with Generous PTO plan – up to 4 weeks of paid time off
- Bonuses & Profit Sharing
- 9 paid holidays
- 100% paid LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- In-house training events & professional licensure renewals paid by company
- Employee Appreciation events
- Philanthropic community involvement & volunteer activities
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Healthy company culture of respectful professionals
- Committed & smart working personnel
Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 19 consecutive years is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well-respected company.
WOODPATEL is seeking a Construction Inspector. This position will support a variety of large and small construction projects throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe civil construction activities in-progress and determine compliance with project plans, details and specifications; recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Inspect, monitor, and report on all phases of the construction processes for private and public projects.
- Ensure contractors and other service providers understand the intent of the project plans, details and specifications.
- Measure quantities of completed work for payment.
- Prepare detailed daily inspection reports using a tablet and/or laptop.
- Maintain field file of approved submittals and RFI responses.
- Communicate regularly with the Construction Manager.
- Monitor the contractor’s “red line” drawings and order corrections as necessary.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED. College degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience as a construction inspector on a variety of civil projects.
- Experience with the installation of wet and dry utilities.
- Experience with the various types of paving applications, including asphalt and concrete.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in a desert environment.
- Willingness and ability to work on remote projects.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.