Civil Project Engineers
Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc
currently has openings for full time Civil Project Engineers
Civil Project Engineer - Land Development
- 100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, Life, 70% Dependent
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Generous PTO plan – 3 weeks of paid time off
- Bonuses & Profit Sharing
- Growth potential
- 9 paid holidays
- 100% paid LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- Hybrid & flexible work schedules
- In-house training events & professional licensure renewals paid by company
- Employee Appreciation events
- Philanthropic community involvement & volunteer activities
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Healthy company culture of respectful professionals
- Committed & smart working personnel
Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 19 consecutive years is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well-respected company.
We currently have an opening for a full time Project Engineer in our Phoenix or Mesa office who will work within a team in our Land Development Department.
- Provide technical services necessary to meet the needs and goals of WOODPATEL's clients
- Directs Engineers-in-training and technical staff with the execution of their responsibilities, including planning and completion of engineering assignments and resolution of project difficulties. Establishes effective working relationships.
- Coordinates with design engineers to assist in determining scope, complexity, planning, and scheduling requirements of projects.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of work, ensuring the proper and effective distribution of assignments and manpower.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness for product as to engineering, design, and drafting quality; compliance with established standards, procedures, codes and ordinances; adherence to design and project schedules; and provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance, and instruction to personnel within the engineering team(s).
- Mentors and coaches the staff and promotes a productive work environment. Available to both clients and employees to the greatest extent possible.
- Supervises technical work of a team of technicians and designers.
- Participates in various personnel functions, including, but not limited to, performance appraisal, and employee development.
- Assists the senior engineer in the implementation of the goals established for the office. Demonstrates the ability to build client relationships. This includes an awareness of all projects client might be undertaking.
- Arizona P.E. required
- 6 years of design experience of land development (residential or commercial) or transportation and drainage projects
- Energetic, self-motivated professional with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary as well as technical competency
- Effective decision making, budget control, client maintenance and team building skills
- Must be detailed oriented and very well organized
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics or status protected by governing laws.