Civil Engineer-in-Training - Transportation
Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 18 consecutive years and a Zweig 2020 Hot Firm, is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well-respected company. We are actively recruiting for an Engineer-in-Training for our Transportation Department.
Based in Phoenix, you will get to work with a talented and diverse team of engineers in the regional transportation market. You will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your design expertise to serve as a designer on roadway/highway related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare civil design calculations, modeling, and technical comparisons
- Research design options while taking a broad perspective to identify different solutions
- Prepare roadway plans for cities and state DOT programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Taken and passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- 2-3 years of transportation/roadway design experience
- Strong MicroStation/InRoads and Civil3D background
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and time management skills
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO plan
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- In-house training events
- Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics or status protected by governing laws.