Accountant II/Sr - AP/Expense
Do something that means something at Williams. This isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with coworkers who become friends and mentors who push you to be your best self in and out of the office. At Williams, we make clean energy happen. And you can too, so bring your energy to ours.
As an Accountant II/Sr, you will provide expertise and mentorship in compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial information for leadership decision-making. This role ensures compliance with requirements and regulations and is a resource for both internal and external customers. You will use your experience, innovation and judgement to handle a diverse range of assignments with minimal oversight!
Your work will challenge you, and with our Core Values to guide you, you'll quickly learn and grow with us.
- Analyzes business transactions of moderate complexity and identifies appropriate accounting treatment through research or collaboration with subject matter specialists
- Arranges, maintains or develops schedules, reports and analyses for internal/external customers
- Prepares journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statements
- Reconciles and/or analyzes ledger accounts and proposes adjusting entries, as the need arises
- Provides information and explanation for audit requests from internal/external auditors
- Serves as a resource to colleagues with less experience
- Accounts for participation in various accounting related special projects
- Prepares explanations to management regarding account reconciliations and operational results
- Identifies and recommends resolutions to issues that impact the accuracy and completeness of accounting data and financial statements within a general area of responsibility
- Communicates and coordinates with company partners
- Supports the Accounts Payable and Expense Reporting/Corporate Credit Card processes
- Developing, revising, and implementing policies and procedures
- Ensuring controls have been properly designed and are operating effectively
- Reviews metrics, determining root causes of processing issues or delays
- Develops solutions and provides user support/communications/training on process steps and changes
- Identifies process efficiency opportunities and implements automated solutions or additional system functionality to address them
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related major with a strong accounting focus and minimum four (4) years' experience in related energy industry accounting
- Preferred: CPA and minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in accounting in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrates excellent organizational/interpersonal skills and safety as the utmost priority
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and PC skills
- Ability to navigate and learn about sophisticated systems and business processes
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, the 2nd largest city in Oklahoma and the 47th most populous in the U.S.
Tulsa is known as the Mother of "The Mother Road" - Route 66, and boasts impressive art deco architecture, the #1 city park in the U.S. (The Gathering Place) and is a great venue for live music. It's an easy place to get in and out of, with more than 20 non-stop flight destinations offered at Tulsa International Airport. Tulsa is listed on CNN Travel's best destinations to visit in 2022!
Tulsa is not only a great place to live, but it's affordable. According to the 2019 Economic Report from Tulsa's Future, the cost of living is 8 percent below the U.S. average. There is no place like T-Town. Check out visittulsa.com to learn more!
Why Choose Williams?
We are committed to providing our employees with competitive compensation and benefits as part of your Total Rewards package to help protect your current and future physical, emotional, and financial health. We generally offer health benefit programs to our employees and their families that are competitive and flexible enough to meet your needs, and retirement benefits to allow you to invest now for financial security when you retire. With rich learning and development programming and a high internal mobility rate, you are not just applying to a job with Williams; you are embarking on an exciting career!
- Competitive compensation
- Annual incentive program
- Hybrid work model - one to two work from home days each week for most office-based roles
- Flexible work schedule for most field-based roles
- 401(k) with company matching contribution and a fixed annual company contribution
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- A consumer-driven health plan option with the potential for a generous company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off, including floating and company holidays
- Wellness Program with annual rewards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Robust employee learning and development
- High internal mobility (we promote from within)
- Parental leave (we provide up to 6 weeks for each parent)
- Fertility coverage and adoption benefits
- Domestic partner benefits
- Educational reimbursement
- Non-profit donation matching contributions and time off to volunteer
- Employee resource groups
- Employee assistance programs
- Technology to make our work more productive and collaborative
- Regular employee engagement surveys and feedback processes
Eligibility and benefits are governed by the terms of the applicable plan or program document which can be amended or terminated at any time.
For more information, please visit https://www.williams.com/careers/total-rewards/.
Action oriented (3 - Meets Expectations), Collaborates (3 - Meets Expectations), Communicates effectively (3 - Meets Expectations), Customer focus (3 - Meets Expectations), Drives results (3 - Meets Expectations), Ensures accountability (3 - Meets Expectations), Instills trust (3 - Meets Expectations)