GET TO KNOW Structural Design Group …
Structural Design Group LLC opened for business in June 2019, and works on a variety of new construction and renovation type building projects ranging from mid-rise, mixed-use facilities to below grade parking garages to the evaluation of existing structures for adaptive reuse or restoration. Our clients are primarily architectural design firms, but also include other engineers and design professionals, contractors, building owners, material suppliers, and industrial facilities.
Because of our continued success and additional opportunities with our client base, we are seeking a structural engineer with 2 to 6+ years of experience to join our firm. This is a strategic hire as we are looking for the right individual with experience supervising projects and staff. Individuals with an interest in specific types of projects, client types, and/or materials are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position located in our Cedar Rapids office. This position will act as the lead structural engineer on projects utilizing structural steel, concrete, masonry, and/or wood materials.
WHAT your job will be…
- Direct project assignments to firm’s Staff Engineers, Designers and Technicians.
- Coordination of structural design work within multi-discipline project teams.
- Meet and interact with clients, other design team members and contractors.
- Determine appropriate structural systems for specific project conditions and parameters.
- Coordination and collaboration of structural details with our engineers as well as architects and other disciplines involved in the projects.
- Perform quality control/assurance review and prepare final contract drawings and specifications.
- Project design assignments using structural analysis and design software.
- Investigative field work and site observation visits as individual projects require.
- Construction administration services including attendance at contractor/owner meetings, submittal review, and site observation visits.
- Continued development of software and design standards.
WHAT knowledge and experience you will need….
- Bachelor’s degree in civil / structural engineering required, master’s degree a plus.
- Professional Engineers (PE) exam (SE preferred), or the ability to obtain licensure in Iowa within 2 years of employment.
- Structural design experience using steel, concrete, masonry, and/or wood with a strong project portfolio.
- Knowledge of current building codes, (IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, AITC, NDS).
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn computer software including Revit, RISA suite of products, EnerCalc, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, PTC Mathcad, Lpile, Forte, and others.
- Ability to communicate project design options to clients, other team members, and contractors to manage project tasks effectively in a professional and friendly manner.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Desire to learn and take on additional tasks and duties.
- Ability to adjust normal working conditions as required to satisfy the schedule and demands of the client and their projects.
We continually strive to make our clients’ lives easier, our end product better and our employees’ lives more enjoyable.
We offer an excellent benefits package with competitive salaries and bonus compensation potential, company paid medical, dental, vision coverage for the employee, along with many other benefits that will help make your life more enjoyable. The potential exists for future ownership in the firm for the right individual. We would like the opportunity to help you succeed in your future career at Structural Design Group.
Structural Design Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer