UI Developer - React
**POSITION IS LOCATED EITHER IN KATY, TX OR THE WOODLAND, TX**
**Possible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote)**
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain internal and customer facing applications
- Develop responsive products which render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices
- Build storyboards to conceptualize UI designs and translate them into code
- Collaborate with back-end API developers to integrate front end applications
- Work closely with the Product Owners and business stakeholders to understand use cases and user needs
- Improve the user experience, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and convenient for users
- Build and enhance design elements and themes to align aesthetics with corporate standards
- Produce technical design documentation
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in UI development
- Minimum 2 years of product/project experience using React and supporting libraries such as Redux, Saga, Hooks, etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools and frameworks such as Babel, Webpack, npm, Material UI
- Experience with unit testing framework such as Jest, React-testing-library, etc.
- Experience with git branching, merging and deployments
- Excellent problem-solving skills relative to analyzing websites, testing, and troubleshooting technical issues
- Prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently, while working effectively with multiple project members
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience developing in TypeScript
- Knowledge and/or experience of Agile Scrum Methodology and working in Scrum teams
- Prior Angular or Vue experience
- More than 3 production deployed applications
- Experience developing micro front end applications, and reusable components and front-end libraries