Water Process Engineer
RWDC Industries LLC. is seeking a motivated Water Process Engineer to join our team. This position will join a multidiscipline group of dedicated design-build water system and operation professionals to round out our engineering service capabilities in the plant water and wastewater facilities.
Water Process Engineer
Experienced Water Process Engineer to optimize industrial water treatment plant. In this role, you will troubleshoot and optimize complex water and waste water treatment processes. This will be accomplished by working with operations personnel, reviewing process data, performing pilots and experiments to interpret and understand the root cause issues of problems at the plant.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Participate in material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up
- Provide support in design, development, testing and modifications of systems
- Implementation of process changes to improve safety, cost, production, and reliability
- Work experience on multiple design/construction projects that include water transmission, sewers, conveyance systems, wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, environmental permitting, compliance projects, etc.
- Increase treatment efficiency, minimize waste and/or reduce costs
- Ensure that all aspects of an operation or process comply with applicable regulations
- Develop an improvement plan of the air and water treatment system in collaboration with the plant manager and HSE manager
- Audit the treatment system performances and the maintenance program
- Prepare explanations and clarify information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
- Plan water distribution systems, storage infrastructures, and stormwater and sanitary collection systems
- Responsible for quality control and assurance, and devise safety plans, budgets and schedules
- Assess the need for future wastewater systems and conduct feasibility studies
- Communicate technical and commercial issues
- Readily able to support a 24/7 facility – ability to work nights / weekends as necessary
- BS/BA in Engineering discipline, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline required (advanced degree strongly preferred)
- 5-7+ years of Industrial Chemical process OR Water Treatment process experience required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in design, installation, start up, operation and maintenance of industrial sized Reverse Osmosis systems is preferred
- Must be familiar with and comply with applicable government safety and environmental regulations.
- Experience with Sanitary design and experience with Aseptic Systems design
- Hands-on experience within a plant is required
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizing, and planning skills
- Able to mentor, teach and train others on proper operation of water treatment processes
- A self-starter, capable of working independently
- Must be a good communicator, (verbally and in writing) and have good customer focus
Why Work Here?
RWDC INDUSTRIES, LLC is a rapidly growing biotechnology company that offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a generous stock ownership program. We’re currently building a team of people who are passionate about making a difference in the world, specifically as it pertains to the environment. If you want to help us change the world, we want to talk to you.