Semiconductor Equipment Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
AIM photonics is looking for a semiconductor equipment technician to add to its team of exceptional talent. The candidate will work both independently and with other team members to maintain tools used in the fabrication of integrated photonic and electronic devices. Candidates must have at least an associate degree in a technical field and should have work experience in a cleanroom environment. The ideal candidate should have experience with various wafer process equipment including; photolithography, thin film deposition (PVD), plating, dry/wet etching and supporting metrology tools. Experience with wafer level bonding, dicing and semiconductor packaging equipment is a plus.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical and electronic systems, pneumatic and mechanical systems, vacuum systems, scheduled maintenance, consumable changes, and various other activities critical to the operational success of the line
- Must be able to read and understand schematics and complex drawings/diagrams
- Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) wearing cleanroom laboratory apparel as well as lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting issues and solutions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Provide innovative, real time response, and solutions to operational issues to meet manufacturing requirements while maintaining the highest level of quality
- The position requires the ability to interface with other internal and external groups to ensure all safety, performance, and reliability requirements are satisfied.
- Understanding of all safety protocols when working around hazardous chemicals.
- The desired candidate will be required to complete documentation and train others.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Semiconductor Equipment Technician
- Must have at least an Associate degree in a technical field from a College or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Semiconductor equipment maintenance experience. Minimum of 5 years.
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Ability to work both in a cleanroom and office environment
- Must have computer experience, basic skills with navigating folders and network, be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel or similar, have experience or demonstrate ability to work with tool automation software such as writing process recipes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team setting
- Possess strong communication skills
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the workday
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
*Posted rates are dependent upon experience and education
Location: Rochester, NY
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.