NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
NY Creates is seeking applicants for the position of a Metrology and PLY Engineer to work in its 300mm semiconductor development facilities. This successful candidate will need to lead and contribute to semiconductor hands on fabrication of process development projects to advance new products from concept phase thru manufacturing phase.
This position is responsible for:
- This position is responsible for equipment qualification, advanced process development, evaluation, and characterization targeting advanced semiconductor applications; thorough 300mm equipment and process qualification specific to front end of line (FEOL), middle of the line (MOL) and back end of the line (BEOL) metrology techniques. Work focuses on tool ownership in some cases and process development through experimental matrices to determine best known methods for measuring of insulators and conductive materials; lot ownership that achieves fast cycles of learning is required.
- The candidate must execute projects based tasks that include process development, defectivity and metrology/characterization of materials working side-by-side with a diverse group of engineers; assume ownership and accountability for successful completion of projects and programs; report results both internally and externally with presentation and formal report packages; interact with other engineers in areas of design, growth, fabrication and test to facilitate fabrication and device optimization; metrology and defectivity experience and process development established within 300mm fabrication line.
Minimum Requirements for Metrology Engineer
- B.S. degree in Materials Science, Physics, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline AND 10+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry as a Process Development Engineer in one or more areas of metallization technology.
- M.S. degree in Materials Science, Physics, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline AND 5+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry as a Process Development Engineer in one or more areas of metal deposition technology.
- A good understanding of FEOL and BEOL semiconductor integration schemes, in addition to knowledge and experience in logic and memory device fabrication is required.
- Exhibit solid leadership ability, be familiar with SPC/DOE methodologies, and be willing to execute a variety of tasks on short notice.
- Applicant must be familiar with material characterization using analysis from such techniques as XRD, XRR, XRF, TEM, AFM, Defect Inspection, SEM defect review, Overlay, Resistivity and Thickness measurement techniques.
- Good program management and customer interface skills are essential. The successful applicant must be able to interface effectively with fab operations, process and semiconductor engineering professionals from client companies. Knowledge of MS Office, DOE, and yield/defectivity analysis software are strongly recommended.
Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Working knowledge of SiView and Klarity
- Familiarity and experience with FEOL, MOL and BEOL applications
- Applications related to CMOS and memory (RRAM & MRAM) applications.
- Material characterization and material properties specific to application and technology.
- Program Management experience
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.