Mechanical Building Engineer
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
The Mechanical Building Engineer duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Understand and maintain a working knowledge of all cleanroom mechanical systems including make-up air, exhaust, process vacuum, compressed air, jacket cooling water, and fire protection; manage utility matrix for each of these systems and always know the current facility load vs. capacity for each building; work with tenants to anticipate future tool loads and recommend plans to upgrade systems capacity well before any spare capacity is used up; assist finance with utility billing to tenants by either metering or calculating utilities used.
- Maintain a solid understanding of cleanroom air managements systems including VLF and turbulent flow rooms in 3 level fabs with both open and closed waffle slabs; understand entire process of conditioning cleanroom air including make-up air handler and filtration, temperature and humidity control, room pressurization, and fan-filter units; insure cleanrooms are balanced and certified to the proper specification.
- Support new construction and infrastructure upgrades; develop Scope-of-Work for consultants to bid on; develop sizings and cost estimates of projects and review with NY CREATES management; participate in the bid, evaluation, and award process; review consultant designs; monitor construction quality and progress in the field; develop completion punchlists and drive to closure; turn over O & M Manuals to Operations team.
- Support tool installations for all tenants and NY CREATES; review cut sheets for compatibility to building systems; review consultant P & ID's for proper materials of construction, points-of-connection (POC's), valves, flow meters, and regulators; work with construction manager to insure long lead materials are ordered and schedule meets tenant's needs; understand all permissives and support equipment needed for successful on-time hook-up; report status to CNSE and tenant management.
- Manage site exhaust balance records to insure systems maintain proper flow and pressure at all times; anticipate new tools and insure exhaust systems have flexibility to add new tools with minimal or no down time; assist tenants with concerns on cleanroom performance in the areas of particle counts, airborne molecular contamination, and vibration; recommend and implement solutions to problems.
- Insure all designs are in compliance with NYS building and fire codes; work closely with Site Environmental Health and Safety team to meet all NY CREATES safety and health requirements and operating procedures; provide weekend duty manager coverage on a rotational basis as required to cover any site issues or emergencies.
Minimum Requirements for Mechanical Building Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as a mechanical engineer in the facilities engineering organization of a major semiconductor manufacturer or with a supplier to the semiconductor industry.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.