Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with facilities system owners and maintenance personnel to Identify, develop and design control systems/panels, improvements and upgrades to control systems for enhanced system functionality and reliability.
- Automation and standardization of HVAC, Water Purification, and Waste Water Treatment processes and operator interfaces for operating facilities systems safely and efficiently.
- Define control system and instrumentation maintenance requirements and procedures; including standard operating procedures and training technicians.
- Work closely with PLC system integrators to optimize data exchange and general system usability. Manage database, Server, folder architecture. Including developing meaningful alarms and then supporting continuous alarm rationalization to ensure alarming is effective.
- Provide design input and guidelines for new and retrofit projects from conceptual design to detail design reviews, construction reviews and support, to commissioning and acceptance of new systems.
- Work with discipline leads in developing SOOs (Sequence of Operations) for new and retrofit projects. Create or modify controls software for small projects and to address existing controls issues.
Minimum Requirements for Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience
- Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Systems and Controls, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or related scientific STEM degree with 3+ years of experience in PLC hardware and software engineering.
- 3+ years of practical experience with HMI/SCADA (WonderWare/InTouch or FactoryTalk or preferably Cimplicity) or Rockwell Automation Control Logix PLC products or knowledge of other Facility Management Systems (PLC & SCADA).
- 3+ years of practical experience as an A&E or Project Engineer using construction design specifications (e.g. Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) or Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) or Sequence of Operations (SOO).
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple vendors and contractors designing robust facility systems using industry and facility specific standards.
- 2+ years of experience with field instrumentation.
- 4+ years of experience designing and specifying Industrial Ethernet Networks.
- 4+ years working in semiconductor facilities I&C design, including working with IO assignment, P&ID Development, Panel Design, Control Narrative development.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience directly supporting I&C in plant/ field environments, such as equipment startup/ qualification and maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of PID control theory, technique and application.
- Strong, concise writing skills presenting robust rationale, arguments, and clear instructions/guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead in diverse and inclusive team environments.
- Continuous-improvement mindset, self-motivated with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Comprehension of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as Programmable Logical Controller and Distributed Control System.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.