NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Overall engineering, maintenance and project engineering for the AIM Photonics Test Assembly and Packaging (TAP) facility and associated operations located in Rochester, NY
This position is responsible for:
- Provides design and construction oversight for contractors performing work. Assures all necessary safety and environmental policies are followed and relevant codes and permits are compiled with.
- Creates, initiates, plans, directs and coordinates facilities improvement and enhancement projects.
- Ensures that projects are completed in a timely and safe manner in accordance with specifications and all regulatory requirements
- Manages and directs facility project work
- Provides design and construction oversight for contractors performing work. Insures all commissioning practices are followed
- Creates specifications and works with the Procurement organization on all non-construction facilities equipment and services alterations, remodeling, minor construction and the checkout, installation and servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment and building systems.
- Engineering responsibility for utility and environmental systems in order to assure safe, high quality and cost effective operations: air conditioning, heating, air circulation, electrical, plumbing, gases and other systems supporting semiconductor operations
- Design Engineer responsibilities for the facility including providing technical directions and leading design reviews of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and support systems for the building and process tools.
- Works closely with the Environmental, Health and Safety organization to ensure compliance with all necessary safety and environmental policies and relevant codes and permits
- Ensure all hazardous materials related to maintenance activities such as lubricating oils are used and disposed of in accordance with established OSHA procedure
- Collaborate with all teams in facility to insure a continuous support of operations related to equipment and facility, this will include support for tools and equipment.
- Provide industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair as needed in response to tool down situations.
- Coordinate and assist in repairs involving basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Schedules and supervises maintenance repair work including all routine, preventative and repair work including all record keeping related to these activities
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules based upon tool manufacturers recommend and tool usage in the facility
- Schedules and supervises activities related to service contracts; Ensures that all supplies and consumable materials required for these activities are ordered, stocked and managed as need.
- Maintain maintenance logs, track equipment performances and MTBF metrics to ensure operational efficiencies.
Minimum Requirements for Facilities Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline
- Ten years of plant engineering and systems operation with a minimum of three years construction oversight experience
- Diverse array of skills including mechanical, electrical, Plumbing, HVAC is desired
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Experience with CAD (preferably AutoCAD and Solidworks)
- Ability to lead meetings
- Interface with technical team and the building landlord, public entities
- Familiarity with building maintenance and configuration.
Semiconductor experience is a plus
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: Rochester, NY
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.