Electrical Building Engineer
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Electrical Engineer will work with a team of facilities engineers maintaining electrical systems on campus.
- Maintaining tracking records, sizing systems, trouble shooting issues and keeping systems operational for end users, tenants, and customers.
- Participating on new construction projects, high end semiconductor tool installations, and supporting ongoing operations.
- Being part of a facilities leading-edge team involved with latest technologies within the research and development of semiconductors.
- Maintain site power quality and up-time to meet all tenant requirements; monitor power usage and quality for each tenant and investigate any issues for root cause and corrective action plan(s)
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Electrical Building Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSME) or related field
- 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in the facilities engineering organization of a major semiconductor manufacturer or with a supplier to the semiconductor industry.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.