NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface directly with customer to understand the application requirements and clearly identify any deviation from standard designs.
- Ensure customer/application requirements for new opportunities are clearly understood and communicated. Address customer requests/issues which may involve design modifications. Document all design modifications from original requirements.
- Assist with development of process protocols ensuring requirements are clearly understood and evaluated. Work toward standardization of processes.
- Interface directly with sales and operations management to address technical questions, provide application assistance and effort sizing to meet customer application requirements and ensure production capacity and delivery requirements are aligned
- Lead team activities to develop world class integrated photonic packaging technology offerings meeting customer schedule and requirements.
- Collaborate with the various development, process integration, and program management team within our group to ensure new applications meet customer requirements.
- Understand industry and organization roadmaps for steering the development direction.
- Schedule and process management to track and manage issues. Triage, prioritize, and propose corrective and/or mitigation activities.
- Assist product management with the development of application notes, white papers, and other marketing collateral.
- Represent through participation and making presentation in technical conferences, trade shows, publications, seminars, and symposiums.
- Understand competitive and alternative solutions and be able to develop materials demonstrating the benefit of photonic solution set.
- Ensure voice of customer is collected and fed back to the organization.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Development Engineer
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional industry experience.
- Experience with semiconductor packaging engineering and electronic technology qualification.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience at effectively driving efficient development learning cycles.
- Strong semiconductor engineering background especially in wafer back-end processing with first and second level electronic packaging experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of modern semiconductor processing.
- Familiar with formal quality processes and specifications, such as 5S, 8D, 6-sigma, Cp, Cpk, SPC, DOE, and FMEA.
- PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline AND a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional industry experience.
- Familiarity with photonics applications and marketplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
*Posted rates are dependent upon experience and education
Location: Rochester, NY
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.