Under general supervision, this position collects, updates, and analyzes electric, water, and fiber Geographic Information System (GIS) information; creates electronic maps; assists with developing, implementing, configuring, and updating GIS applications, spatial databases, web mapping applications, geometric networks, and mobile devices that use GIS maps; and assists with maintenance of facility asset data.
JOB DUTIES OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collects, updates, and analyzes electric, water, and fiber GIS information.
• Creates electronic maps.
• Assists with developing, implementing, configuring, and updating GIS applications, spatial databases, web mapping applications, geometric networks, and mobile devices that use GIS maps.
• Assists with the maintenance of Moorhead Public Service's (MPS') facility asset data, tracking asset history, maintenance inspection records, and other related data.
• Utilizes Esri GIS and CAD software, ArcGIS for Portal, GPS equipment, mobile applications, and hardware.
• Performs GPS collection of electric, water, and fiber infrastructure data in the field, and coordinates integration of collected data into GIS maps and database.
• Provides GIS technical support and training for the collection of GIS data and the use of web mapping applications.
• Verifies field crew map updates.
• Performs other duties as requested.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience, and training required.
GIS Certificate in a geoscience-based discipline (e.g., engineering, geology, GIS, environmental, civil), with an emphasis in GIS or equivalent education.
One (1) year of related experience.
Training, Certificates, Licenses, and Other Requirements
• Driver's license valid in the state of Minnesota.
• Personal qualities consistent with MPS' Culture Values - be positive, be appreciative of others, be respectful, be a team player, and be engaged.
The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience, and training preferred in order to exceptionally perform all of the functions of this position.
Bachelor's degree in a Geo-Science based discipline (e.g. engineering, geology, GIS, environmental, civil), with an emphasis in GIS.
Three (3) years of utility GIS-related experience.
Training, Certificates, Licenses
• Training in ArcFM or Esri ArcGIS Geometric Networks
• Training in T-SQL and SQL Management Studio
• Training in Python or other related programming language
• GIS Professional (GISP) Certification or equivalent.
While performing the normal duties of this job, there are related steps, processes, and methods that require this position to recognize clear differences in a variety of situations.
General supervision is provided while performing the normal duties of this job.
This position exhibits no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the normal duties of this job, this position's work affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, this position:
• May occasionally balance, bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, crawl, reach above shoulder level, walk, push/pull, lift, carry, finger/enter data/keystroke, smell, and drive; frequently sit, stand, talk, and hear; and continuously perform repetitive motions.
• Will use close vision, far vision, depth perception, visual acuteness, color vision, and peripheral vision.
• Will use their right hand and left hand for simple handling/grasping and fine handling or manipulation.
• Will use right foot for repetitive motions.
While performing the duties of this job, this position will experience exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions.
WAGE AND APPLICATION INFORMATION:
The 2022 wage is $25.92 to $39.87 per hour.
Closing date: Monday, December 12, 2022.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job notice should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be required by the supervisor. The job notice does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee. It is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.