Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Marotta Controls, Inc. Parsippany, NJ Full-time Engineering
Posted on June 13, 2022
The Senior Staff Systems Engineer is responsible for systems engineering work products such as systems engineering management plan, requirement management, system analysis and simulation models, and documents. The work products will be produced and maintained in a reasonable time frame in accordance to budgeted hours and schedule. The engineer shall promptly alert management (program manager) in the event the engineer predicts a budget or schedule over-run. Continuous team improvement to increase work efficiency and work product accuracy is required by the engineer including mentoring and training of others. The engineer shall enlist the help of other disciplines and departments when necessary, such as program management, production, supply chain, quality and finance.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze and perform system simulations and modeling in MATLAB.
- Perform and complete SDRLs and other documents regarding System modeling, Plans, and other related systems engineering deliverables.
- Ensure accuracy of engineering SDRLs by review and commenting.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Manager / Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable.
- Manage all duties according to company and industry standards.
- Knowledge in electromechanical systems design is preferred.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering is required
- Matlab Simulink experience.
- Actuation and/or flight controls systems modeling & simulation experience
6+ years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, software or applicable systems engineering
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Brushless DC motor experience is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The Systems Engineer is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The employee is frequently required to sit at length, stand, walk, and move about the facility.
- The Systems Engineer may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds
- Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
This position is at our Parsippany, NJ office location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, personal days, paid holidays and flexible work hours with compressed work week options. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments and host several employee engagement events per quarter.
If you are looking to grow or accelerate your career and be part of a best in class organization while enjoying a work-life balance, please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply. Check out all our openings at https://marotta.com/job-openings/
As a Federal Contractor, Marotta is required to have all employees vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for a religious or medical exemption.
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY