Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
JOB SUMMARY: Designs electronic circuits for keyboard and other computer related products. Writes firmware for microprocessors. Interfaces with customer engineers for product development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs electronic circuits and creates firmware for Keytronic and customer products and/or other custom original designs developed by Keytronic, its customers or a combination of.
- Provides technical support in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and in determining methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Interfaces with customer engineers in developing products and product specifications.
- Builds and debugs prototypes. Provides technical assistance in the construction of product demonstration models.
- Assists in developing quality control specifications and standards for product manufacturing decisions.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- May manage small projects from concept to production release.
- Performs other duties when required that are outside of normal job duties.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering and two-five years progressive experience in electrical engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, clients, and customers.
- Applied engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to operate a computer and use spreadsheet, database, word processing, and assembly language programming software.
- Ability to design circuits and create firmware for embedded processors.
- Ability to develop and execute design of experiments.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish, Vietnamese, and/or Chinese.
- Experience in contract manufacturing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic’ goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer