Plumbing Project Designer
Who we are:
Celebrating 39 years’ of providing full service engineering expertise, Harwood Engineering continues to revel in its multi-disciplinary engineering talents and provide superior service throughout all phases of building and site construction. We offer structural, civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and telecommunication engineering solutions and, due and due to our continued growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced Plumbing Project Designer to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop construction documents for plumbing water distribution and drainage systems.
- Utilize engineering experience to solve issues related to existing or proposed infrastructure.
- Project design, planning, QC review, and budget tracking.
- Coordinate with and work with Municipalities and other approval bodies.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with project team of designers and engineers to bring to completion design tasks.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality, and coordination efforts.
- Visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Conduct field surveys.
- Work under the advisement of a senior project engineer to support design efforts.
- Participate in project pursuits, interviews and various business development activities.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering and 7+ years’ experience.
- Wisconsin PE or DE license, or working towards professional licensure.
- Knowledge of the Wisconsin Plumbing code and International Plumbing code.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to draft correspondence/reports and communicate effectively with project team members.
We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment.