Pay Range: $44.67 - $60.30 DOE
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Covington Water District has an opening in our engineering department to perform engineering and construction management related functions within the District, specifically plan review; supports design activities, construction inspections; inspecting installations, coordinating new construction activities; coordinating the District's engineering projects with consultants, as well as state and local agencies. This position reports to the Engineering Manager, and works closely with others in the Engineering, Operations and Finance Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides thorough and reliable plan reviews and communicates findings to professional level engineers, surveyors, and regulatory agencies.
- Reviews plans and specifications for water system improvements and extensions.
- Attends pre-construction meetings and informs engineer and contractor of District requirements.
- Reviews materials submittals, bond inspections, create deficiencies list, visit sites, create bill of sales, as-builts and assist with project closeouts and bond releases.
- Reviews private development plans.
- Apply problem solving alternative construction methods and materials as necessary.
- Applies engineering knowledge to the solution of technical municipal water system development and repair projects.
- Assists in maintaining standard plans and specifications.
- Assists the public, developers, consultants, engineers, and others.
- Assist with applicable records retention and destruction according to the parameters set by the Records Management Program.
- Overtime and work outside of normal business hours may be required.
- Performs project construction related surveying, GPS-ing and inspects work in progress.
- Works directly with outside consultants and contractors concerning District standards and other engineering design and construction requirements. Helps guide developers through the District review and approval process.
- May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education: Requires a graduation with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Civil Engineering, 0-2 years of experience in civil engineering desired. Background check is required upon hire.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance. Complete information located on our website.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online @ www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application with cover letter/resume by February 12 @ 5:00pm. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer