Senior Right-of-Way Agent
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
Oversee and coordinate all right-of-way needs for the utility. Responsible for routine right-of-way projects and advanced work in the acquisition and control of property right-of-way purposes.
- Research, review and map legal descriptions from survey notes, determine ownership of properties and advise as to what easement rights (tapping, ingress/egress, etc.) are in place or necessary.
- Prepare legal land use documents related to electric and water construction projects for District facilities on private and public properties in Clark County.
- Negotiate, analyze, research and draft easements, permits, lease agreements, deeds, purchases/sales and real estate contracts, franchises and other real property instruments.
- Research property sales and values, review appraisals and prepare opinions of value for the acquisition or sale of district property
- Analyze and assist in resolution of property issues, disputes and easement validity.
- Assist in acquiring public agency permits and variances for the construction of electric (overhead and underground) and water facilities including railroad and WSDOT crossings.
- Process and record land use documents/permits with appropriate agencies and upload/index into the utility document management system.
- Organize, manage, track and repot on multiple projects and requests simultaneously through their various stages as they relate to ROW.
Associates Degree or equivalent and five years’ experience as a Right-of-Way Agent or Land Management Agent required. Electric utility background preferred. Ability to interpret technical drawings, surveys and property legal descriptions.
Clark Public Utilities offers advancement opportunities, competitive wages, excellent benefits and employee incentive programs. For confidential consideration, please forward your resume with a cover letter.
CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES is a customer-owned electric and water utility located in Vancouver, Washington. Our utility is committed to providing exceptional customer service, reliability, and efficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Clark Public Utilities, we are committed to being a place
where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay,
and do their best work.