Starting Salary: $69,400 - $76,836
The City of Wentzville:
The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review subdivision and commercial development plan to ensure they meet city standards; coordinate records plats, site plans, improvement plans, construction and personal work within the public right of way.
- Design and review city infrastructure projects, including water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation and parks.
- Identify city infrastructure needing maintenance and develop solutions to remodel and maintain future infrastructure.
- Provide design contract administration for capital projects and provide project management for contracted public works projects.
- Review permit applications for utility installation within right-of-ways.
- Provide technical engineering advice for any problems that need to be addressed by the city.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Professional Engineer license within 3 years of employment required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Civil Engineering, Public Works, Construction or a similar work environment desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of public infrastructure for construction and maintenance, including streets, storm sewers, sanitary sewers and water distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public works operations.
- Proficiency in using essential business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations), AutoCAD Civil 3D and Arc GIS software and basic knowledge of office equipment and machines.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers . The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Contact Human Resources:
(636) 639-2190, HR@wentzvillemo.gov