CEREX Advanced Fabrics, Inc.
CEREX Advanced Fabrics, Inc., located near Pensacola, FL, is the world’s leading producer of high-quality nonwoven nylon spunbond fabrics and has been in business for over 50 years, is ISO 9001 Certified and serves a variety of specialty global markets.
We are seeking a Plant Engineer responsible for leading Project Management and Site Reliability efforts for the Plant. They will become the internal expert on all mechanical equipment and infrastructure of the facility and will proactively identify solutions to improve equipment reliability and uptime. This individual will also have overall responsibility for Capital Projects for the plant, including scoping projects, project management to include internal resources and/or contractors, and establishing annual Capital Expenditure Plans.
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering Field
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
• Project management experience with budgets up to $3M
• CAD software experience (AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar)
• Experience in various types of equipment (air compressors, chillers, pumps, air handling units, etc.)
• Mechanical Engineering degree
• Nonwovens or paper manufacturing experience a plus
• Familiarity with mechanical code requirements
• Experience managing contractors
• Experience in a Process Safety Management covered facility
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS
- Enthusiastic, high initiative employee who uses creativity to find solutions, capable of motivating work groups, and seeks to engage people in a positive manner.
- Is inquisitive and explorative. Seeks out new thoughts, benchmarks and technology advancements.
- Ability to effectively develop positive working relationships.
- Demonstrates good judgement, is perceptive in evaluating situations, communicates clearly.
- Is a Team player and recognizes need for interaction with key stakeholders.
- Can manage effectively through conflicting priorities and make difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions.
- Requires minimum supervision, is a self-starter and can work independently with limited guidance.
- Proficient in presenting data, plans, ideas and technical presentations that are meaningful and easily understood.
- Excellent troubleshooting capability.
- Looks past “fixing issues” and seeks solutions that improve long-term reliability of plant equipment.
- Identifies equipment with repetitive failures and determines upgrades or replacements.
- Compliance and support to continuously improve Cerex Safety policy.
- Empowered and expected to take action to address any unsafe situation.
- Assist in developing Lock Out policies on mechanical equipment.
- Drive the site Capital Project program
- Manage Operational Capital Projects ranging from $5k to $2M+.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop annual and 5-year Capital Plans
- Drive the site Reliability program.
- Direct and manage the site Mechanical Integrity program.
- Direct the site Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program.
- Recommend appropriate spare parts for critical components.
- Record and review reliability KPIs.
- Oversee/manage major maintenance events, including work by outside resources (contractor).
- Must be able to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. Occasionally may need to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and reach/lift overhead.
- Must be able to operate safely in a manufacturing environment.
CEREX Advanced Fabrics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all DOL requirements including the Americans with Disabilities and Military Veterans Act. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.