Fire Sprinklers-Fire Alarm Technician
About the Pay
Note: The target starting pay of $45.36 does not reflect the full range which currently goes up to $50.40 per hour. The compensation typically increases quickly within the first two years of successful performance and proven mastery of skills.
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project (CAP), a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
Compensation & Benefits Package includes:
- Competitive Salaries
- Arizona State Retirement System - Pension
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life insurance, LTD, Short-term disability
- 4-10 (Mon-Thur) work schedule
- Paid training & tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Wellness programs
- No benefits waiting period
- Relocation benefits
- Significant training and development opportunities
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligible employer
About the Position
As a Fire Sprinklers-Fire Alarm Technician, you would perform a variety of electrical and mechanical work related to the safe and efficient operation, maintenance, installation and repair and of all critical Fire Protection systems associated with Central Arizona Project (CAP) pumping plants, administrative campuses, server rooms, mountaintop telecommunication, checks and turnout structures, and groundwater recharge facilities. Performance of this maintenance ensures that all Fire Protection equipment is safe, mechanically sound, and operating efficiently in order to provide reliable fire protection/life safety for CAP facilities.
Some of the responsibilities include:
1. Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, tests and repairs all fire detection and suppression equipment; i.e., wet-deluge and pre-action fire sprinkler systems, control panels, detection systems, fire alarms, EVACS systems, Smoke Control Systems fire pumps, C02, Fire Alarm System Network Administration, portable fire extinguishers, and back-flow prevention devices.
2. Installs, modifies, and repairs various piping types and systems. Performs all types of welding, burning, soldering, and brazing and is knowledgeable of AWS and ASME codes and requirements.
3. Selects and uses, in a highly proficient manner, tools and equipment such as: piping tooling, measuring devices, laptop PC's, detector test equipment, scales, multimeter, pressure and flow measuring equipment.
4. Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures in Fire/EVACS systems for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with life safety and code regulations.
About the Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed state certified fire alarm/sprinkler apprenticeship or have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Three (3) years journeyman level work experience in performing, testing, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Fire Alarm/EVACS system , suppression, and monitoring systems including but not limited to: fire doors, fire and combination fire smoke dampers, pull stations, smoke, duct and specialty detectors, sprinkler valves, hydrants, pre-action systems, clean agent systems, CO2 systems, fire extinguisher, Fire Alarm Network Administration, monitoring systems, printers, drawings, and procedures. Knowledgeable of industrial safety requirements including clearance and switching procedures.
- Is highly proficient in the safe use of proper tools and equipment for precision measuring and testing, fabricating, calibrating, maintaining, and repairing in an industrial mechanical environment.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of fire sprinkler systems and controls. Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical fire protection systems.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, blueprints, and electrical and electronic schematics; perform applicable mathematic calculations; use applicable software applications and operating systems; and use various testing equipment.
- Ability to operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
- Ability to manage time, problem solve, prioritize work, and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, work well independently, and work well in a team environment.
- Must have a driver's license with a good driving record.
- Familiarity with the Notifier by Honeywell Fire Alarm Systems is a plus.
Please note: Physical testing, functional testing, and drug screening will apply.Click HERE to see the full position description.
If you are experienced and highly skilled in the responsibilities of this job (mentioned above), have a team-focused positive approach to work, and are looking for a rewarding career with a stable organization in the Phoenix area, then we encourage you to apply online today!
www.cap-az.com/jobs. Your water, your future.