Sr. Analytical Engineer Multibody Dynamics
American Axle & Manufacturing has openings for Sr. Analytical Engineer – Multibody Dynamics at its ATDC location in Detroit, Michigan.
Job duties include:
- Developing and conducting physics-based and high-fidelity analytical modeling of multi-body dynamics models of driveline products, including mechanical/electric drivelines, drive axle, PTU, propshaft;
- Using ADAMS, MatLab, Simulink and other CAE tools to evaluate product performance, identify risks, and provide design recommendation through design optimization studies in order to ensure product meets customer specifications;
- Developing driveline Multiphysics models using Romax or Masta
- Using Multiphysics models to perform system level durability, NVH and efficiency analyses.
- Refine current standard analysis procedures to improve CAE prediction fidelity and develop new CAE analysis techniques
- Supporting dynamic analysis of several engineering programs at AAM, including the following:
- Electronic limited slip differential
- Gear shift actuation system
- Disconnect system
- Park lock design
- Use CAD tools including Spaceclaim, NX or CATIA to build models for CAE analyses
- Provide guidelines to lab test design, setup and data acquisition.
Position requires: Master’s degree in Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or related field, or foreign equivalent education, and __2__ years’ experience working in the automotive field. Two years of experience is required in each of the following:
- Conducting analytical modeling of multi-body dynamics;
- Using ADAMS, MatLab, Simulink, and Romax;
- Using CAD tools Spaceclaim, NX or CATIA;
- Lab test design, setup and data acquisition;
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply on line at careers.aam.com and reference job ID # JREQ-195512.