Software Controls Engineers
American Axle & Manufacturing has openings for Software Controls Engineers in Detroit, Michigan.
Job duties include:
- Developing and testing control algorithms and diagnostics to meet customer requirements using MATLAB and Simulink for automotive controls.
- Working closely with electronics and software departments to ensure design of electronics and low level software can meet control algorithm requirements.
- Developing software in compliance with AUTOSAR architecture.
- Conducting in-vehicle test maneuvers used for development activities and performance evaluation using CANape and CANoe.
- Analyzing vehicle and bench data and modifying calibration parameters to achieve performance targets.
- Developing algorithms to control devices such as motors and actuators for automotive controls.
- Developing algorithms and tuning calibrations to control vehicle dynamics.
- Assisting validation team with creating test procedures used to develop and validate controls software.
- Defining and maintaining control system design guides and best practices that meet ASPICE standards.
- Implementing control system designs in a model based and C code environment using Model Referencing tool in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Conducting engineering tests at global test sites for calibration, tuning, and validation of controls.
Position requires: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent foreign education, and 2 years experience working in the automotive controls field. 2 years experience is required in each of the following:
- Model Based Design for developing controls algorithms in Matlab/Simulink environment for automotive controls.
- Working with communication and test tools, including CANape and CANoe.
- Developing motor controls for automotive controls.
- Developing software compliant with AUTOSAR architecture.
- Developing applications in an Aspice environment.
- Developing vehicle dynamics controls and conduct calibration tuning for performance evaluation.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply at careers.aam.com and reference job ID#JREQ-195595.