Senior Software Controls Engineers
American Axle & Manufacturing has openings for Senior Software Controls Engineers in Detroit, Michigan.
- Developing and testing control algorithms and diagnostics using Matlab/Simulink tools and as per ASPICE development process using AUTOSAR, MISRA standards
- Working with electronics and software departments to ensure design of electronics and low level software can meet controls algorithm requirements;
- Responsible for architecture design and development using Matlab and IBM DOORs Tools
- Conducting in-vehicle test maneuvers used for development activities and performance evaluation
- Analyzing vehicle and bench data and modifying calibration parameters to achieve performance targets using Vector tools CANoe and CANape
- Implementing control system designs in a model based and C code environment using Matlab/Simulink tools
- Conducting engineering tests for calibration, tuning, and validation of controls.
Position required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent foreign education, and 3 years of experience working in the Automotive industry is required. 3 years’ experience is required in each of the following:
- Automotive Controls Software development using ASPICE development process
- Developing & testing controls algorithms using Matlab/Simulink tools
- Using Vector communication tools, such as CANape and CANoe for development, testing and debugging
- Software development using AUTOSAR and MISRA standards
- Vehicle calibration and testing using Vector tools CANape and CANoe
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply on careers.aam.com and reference job ID# JREQ-195592