Senior Managers Device and Vehicle Controls
American Axle & Axle Manufacturing has openings for Senior Managers Device and Vehicle Controls in Detroit, Michigan.
Job duties include:
- Lead a team of software controls engineers in building innovative software for Driveline Electric Drive Unit engineering products from design to production for Automotive OEMs.
- Use Automotive Data communication including LIN, CAN and CANFD for Engineering Software Development
- Improve developmental processes and practices to improve accuracy and evaluate alternative methods that allow program pace improvement while containing costs.
- Review program planning, technical solutions, and risk mitigation and support programs from program initiation to production
- Provide status updates/reports, escalations, risks, to senior management
- Ensure Engineering Software controls development, validation, and delivery are according to AUTOSAR, ISO26262 and ASPICE process guidelines.
- Achieve new product development plan objectives, including meeting required technical specifications and cost targets and delivering on schedule.
- Managing day-to-day performance of direct reports; and providing mentorship and constructive feedback to direct reports on completion of goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent foreign education, and five years post baccalaureate progressive experience working in the Automotive field is required. Five years’ experience is required in each of the following:
- Working with Automotive Data communication including LIN, CAN and CANFD.
- Engineering Software development using ASPICE process guidelines.
- Lead Software development & integration using AUTOSAR standards.
- Develop and manage products according to ISO26262 standards
- Lead Software development projects from design development into production for Automotive OEMs.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply at careers.aam.com and reference job ID# JREQ-195591