Our Mission is to Identify, Hire, Train and Retain the very best people! Could that be you?
Join the Ace Electric team for opportunities to work with the best team and build your career with Ace University!
Since our inception in Valdosta, GA in 1975, Ace has been performing quality electrical installations in a full range of markets including: retail, education, healthcare, institutional, industrial, commercial, correctional facilities, hospitality, military bases and others. In the past 15 years, locations have been added in Macon, GA, Atlanta, GA, Jackson, TN, Statesboro, GA and Siler City, NC. Ace offers fabrication services, hard bid, design-build, negotiated contracts and fee-based work. We have the resources, professional staff and project management team to handle almost any type of electrical project. Our history of safety and quality has been established through years of successful projects and satisfied customers. Ace Electric is growing bigger in business each year and has no signs of slowing down!
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurances
- 401k with Match
- Access to Ace University: Apprenticeship Program, Leadership Training, Skill Building Classes and much more!
The Revit Modeler will use Revit software to provide support to Electrical Designers, Engineers, and Project Supervision by preparing 2-D and 3-D detail drawings along with 3-D models to include all views and dimensions necessary for fabrication and construction. Make copies of drawings and maintain information regarding changes to database. Make simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to Electrical Designers, Engineers or Supervisor. Familiarity of Revit software.
Preferred Job Skills:
Familiarity and knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and application of the NEC into electrical design documents. Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees, clients and vendors. Possesses basic math skills, dependable transportation and a willingness to commute to remote job sites as needed. Must possess effective communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have experience or ability to become proficient in Autodesk Revit and Navisworks Manage. Needs solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology. Requires mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver’s License.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software to develop project documentation as models and drawings.
- Provides Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) coordination and Electrical modeling activities in Autodesk based software environment.
- Creates and revises project drawings (fabrication and construction).
- Utilizes knowledge of various construction and engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete model and drawings.
- Creates detailed multi-view drawings of assigned projects.
- Creates 3D modeling from 2D drawings.
- Creates 3D modeling from sketches and proposals.
- Serves as a liaison with clients and other contractors regarding drawings and models.
- Occasionally assists with presentations for visualization or animation activities.
- Communicates with Fabrication, Design, Engineering and Construction supervision regarding new and revised prints.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- License: Valid Driver's License
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: One to three year years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Work in a climate-controlled office setting with varying degrees of stress and time pressure.
- Considerable amount of time making repetitive motions.
- Considerable amount of time sitting.
- Considerable amount of time using telephone and computer.
- Sounds, noise levels may be distracting or uncomfortable.
- Occasional day travel may be required. Seldom overnight travel may be requested.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Read and interpret instructional manuals and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 5-10 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged sitting and standing.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
Click "apply" to submit your resume today!
Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Ace Electric, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Electric, Inc. provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Electric, Inc. abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
For more information, please call our office at 912-681-6106 or email us at Jada.Taylor@aceelectric.net
You may also visit our career page at www.aceelectric.net/careers to apply online.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at either 229-506-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.